Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mary, Mary, I am Just Wild About Mary Magdalene

Well this was a great week when I learned how confused I was about Mary Magdalene.  I thought she was the one who was being stoned when Jesus said whoever was without sin should cast the first stone.  I don't know if it was because of some Christian movie I had seen or where the confusion came from.  I did know some things.  I knew she was devoted to Jesus and I had forgotten about the 7 demons.  Can you imagine what it must have been like for her to have had 7 different demons in her.  I can't even begin to imagine that.  One demon would be awful let alone seven of them.  What I also liked about her was she stayed steadfast in her faith and she continued to serve the Lord.  She was there when he was crucified.  She was with Jesus's mother at the crucifixion and with her when they went to the tomb as they followed Joseph there.  She came back with His mother the next day when they went to prepare the body and found He was no longer there.  She must have been a great comfort to His mother Mary because we see her with her during the most difficult times when she desperately needed someone to comfort her.  So I also see Mary Magdalene as a very loyal, and compassionate friend to Mary the mother of Jesus.  She was also the first missionary by sharing  the good news about Jesus that He was ALIVE and was not believed by His disciples.

Truly she was a special person!  I also thought it was important that when He called her by Name she immediately recognized Him.  Many others didn't have her discernment.

No comments:

Post a Comment