Thursday, October 17, 2013

#perfectlove

Gods perfect love has been shown many times in my life.  All I have to do is accept it.  I grew up with a demanding mom who I thought expected me to be perfect.  Therefore I had a misguided perception of God's love as a child.  I thought God expected me to be perfect too.  Somehow with my mom I could never be perfect enough for her no matter how hard I tried.  This is still true today. Later as I grew older I discovered that God's love was different .  He didn't expect me to be perfect like my mom did.  All I had to do was accept him and He would accept me just as I was.  In the last few years I had gained 120 pounds.  Each time I gained a pound my mom was critical as always, but God just kept loving me.  But last January 4th God did something different about my weight problem.  I had just given up trying to loose by that time.  He woke me up early that morning and put a thought in my head that I needed to go back to O.A. (a 12 step program for people with eating disorders)  I had been to O.A. before and had lost 50 pounds and kept it off for 5 years with His help.  I got a gentle nudging again saying you need to go back to O. A.  "But God I said, I am so much older I can't go back to O.A. I haven't got the willingness to work a program again.  But God, this will be too hard for me.  I weigh so much more than I did last time.  It will be too hard."  But God won me over.  I asked several friends on Facebook to pray for me.  I got 12 responses back of people committed to praying for me to have the willingness to do it.  Well 9 months later and now I have lost over 60 pounds and dropped sizes in clothes from a 22/24 to a 14/16.  God has been the focus of my recovery.  Through my recovery I have gotten a closer walk with Jesus through it too.  God loved each of us enough to give His favorite thing away(His son Jesus).  He had His son die so that we might live with Him eternally.  That is totally showing His #perfectlove for  us all.  We are all so blessed.  Thank you for sending us Jesus to die on that cross for our sins and for raising Him from the grave.  Thank you for the everlasting perfect love that only you can give.  Thank you for your patience with us Lord.  Help us to be strong enough to weather the storms life brings into our lives.  We know we can have the God Confidence that you can give us if we want it.  Help us to remember that with you all things are possible.   That is God's #perfeclove!

5 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful heart, and I am so glad that you are walking in His perfect love and letting Him show you what a beautiful person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Treva. You are so beautiful to me also. I'm so glad you are in our group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog. God really does work miracles and can push us to reach our full potential! Great post about Perfect Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your journey with God and how we can have God confidence if we want it. When we ask God to come and help us He always will. Thanks for sharing from your heart . Blessings as you continue to journey through this OBS with us.
    Marilyn V (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee, I loved reading your blog. Your obedience to God's nudging and following through. I am so proud of you and the woman of God that you are! What a story of #perfectlove!!

    ReplyDelete