Sunday, September 22, 2013

The last two days here in Whitehouse, TX have been so blessed for me.  Yesterday we finished our study on Anna.  My husband was working and I decided to take the whole day and spend it with the Lord.  So I went to my O. A. meeting,  a twelve step program for compulsive eaters like myself.   I was slated to lead the meeting and had decided if nobody showed up I would spend the time reading devotions that I would have shared in meeting and then  spend the other half hour in prayer.   So that's what I got to do.  When I got home I spent the day studying my bible writing my first blog post and praying with God.  The day was just full of really blessed time.  I called my sister later and we shared scripture and talked about the Lord and how we each were doing.  Then today I got to hear two great sermons.  I heard one about Jesus and his mountain top experiences in the bible.  I had never thought of Jesus having mountain top experiences but maybe he had them first and now we get to have our own mountain top experiences.  Then the next sermon was on our spiritual gifts.  Today is such a beautiful day again to be with the Lord.  I feel so blessed.  On our last post I said I had lost 56 lbs. but after my weigh in today I have now lost 60 lbs.  Thank you Jesus for being the focus of my eating recovery.  I know that through him I can do anything and without him I am nothing.  Hope you have a blessed day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment